When the compressor needs replacing, many homeowners and contractors consider the option of replacing the entire system. Here are 5 reasons why changing the compressor is the more cost-effective option.
- Less Labor – A single tech can change a compressor, whereas a system change-out requires at least two crew members.
- No Demolition or Line-Set Replacement – These difficult tasks can be avoided by offering a replacement compressor rather than a complete system.
- Less Time – It takes far less time to change out a compressor than an entire system. This gives you more time for additional calls.
- New Products Make It Easy – With newer designs and technology such as the availability of re-piping kits, compressor changes are simple while new refrigerants like R-407c breathes new life into R-22 systems.
- Happy Customer Today = Customer for Life – By selling a compressor change-out with a service agreement, you can save your customer money and turn them into a life-long customer through add-ons, scheduled maintenance, and future systems.