Currently, Smart Home Products are being sold at roughly a 50/50 split between the retail channel and the pro channel. However, the pro channel is expected to grow. Projections show that the pro channel will account for 70% of smart home products sold in the next three to five years.
Why are sales shifting to the Pro Channel?
- Pros tend to sell more products than retail because of their knowledge and expertise. This can account for 25% to 50% more in product sales.
- Retail-heavy vendors are now investing more in the pro channel.
How can this help you?
- By understanding this shift and highlighting your product knowledge, you can position yourself to earn more smart home product sales
- You can highlight the added benefits to the homeowner when they use a Pro for installation, such as the longer warranty available on some products
- Showcasing your knowledge of the products and installation allows you to find the product that best fits the customers needs and install it for them.
Ferguson stocks a full line of connected products to create a Smart Home. Find out more about our products on our Smart Home Products page.